Learning at MSD
MSD at a Glance
- Approximate enrollment: 60
- Average class size: 15-25
- Teachers per class: 2-3
- Student-teacher ratio: 8:1
Toddlers, 16 months – 32 months
Preschool & Kindergarten, 33 months – 6 years
Elementary, grades 1 – 6
1981. MSD has provided exceptional education for over 35 years.
Need-based financial aid is offered to Elementary applicants.
|Toddler Community: Half Day
Toddler Community: Full Day
|Children’s House: Half Day
Children’s House: Full Day
Daily Offerings and Special Programs
- Healthy snacks provided
- Optional hot lunch program
- Daily outdoor playtime in our private, updated playgrounds
- Environmental education
- American Sign Language (ASL)
- Drop-in care, before and after school
- Field trips and outings
- School-wide events with families: Fall Fest, Winter Program, Spring Folk Dance, Spring Program & Graduation
For students five years and older, public school busing is available as a transportation option.
Accreditation and Affiliations
- Licensed by Minnesota Department of Human Resources.
- Member school of National Association of Independent Schools
- Member school of American Montessori Society
- Member school of Educational Records Bureau